Samsung Launches Galaxy S9 With Augmented Reality Features
SAMSUNG HAS OFFICIALLY unveiled the Galaxy S9 and S9+, its duo of flagships for 2018 that failed to have many surprises in store.
The South Korean firm showcased the Galaxy S9 on the eve of the official start of the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona, which comes after a year of flat smartphone sales.
Given the huge amount of leaks building up to Samsung’s MWC presser, news of the smartphone’s upgraded dual aperture cameras, 10nm innards and ability to capture ‘super slo-mo’ video was expected months in advance. The only surprising bit of information, perhaps, was the Galaxy S9’s pricing, with the duo of flagships set to cost less than some rumours had suggested.
The S9 will sell for 859 euros ($1,055), a price which analysts warned could turn off many consumers.
More than 100,000 people are expected to descend on Barcelona for the annual show, which features driverless carmakers, social media giants and chip companies in addition to handset makers.
The Galaxy S9 and S9+ will be available, as expected, from 16 March in the UK. Pre-orders are live now, and Samsung said those who pre-order before 7 March at 23:59 GMT will receive their devices seven days early on 9 March.
Still, the smartphones will no doubt prove to be among the most sought-after this year, so we’ve rounded up everything you need to know about picking one up below.
Specs Features Include
- Samsung 10nm Exynos 9810 CPU (4x 2.7GHz, 4x 1.9GHz)
- 5.8in / 6.2in QHD+ Super AMOLED curved display (570ppi / 529ppi)
- 148x69x8.5mm, 163g / 158x74x8.5mm, 189g
- Specs Features Include
- 12MP Dual Pixel camera with OIS (f/1.5, f/2.4) / Vertical dual rear-facing camera, 8MP front-facing camera
- Rear-mounted fingerprint scanner, front-facing iris scanner
- Cat 18 LTE support (1.2Gbps download speeds)
- 4GB RAM / 6GB RAM
- 64GB / 128GB storage with microSD expansion up to 400GB
- 3,000mAh / 3,500mAh batteries
- IP68 water and dust resistance
- Midnight Black, Titanium Gray, and Coral Blue, Lilac Purple variants
- Bixby AI assistant with dedicated button
- Wireless charging support
- USB-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Stereo speakers
- Updated DeX Pad
- Built-in FM radio
For those looking to pick up a SIM-free device, the Galaxy S9 and S9+ are available to pick up from Samsung direct for £739 and £869, respectively.